‘Gutted’ captain Ryan Clarke departs King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: IAN BURT
Work commitments have forced Ryan Clarke to leave King's Lynn Town.
The Linnets' captain was a key figure in Gary Setchell's side last season making 45 appearances. But the right-back has had to call time on his second spell at The Walks due to his job, much to Clarke's disappointment.
He said, in a series of messages posted on Twitter: 'Gutted to be leaving @officialKLtown. Work is getting more demanding, travelling from Nottingham will put me under too much pressure, and I would hardly see my little boy. It was a huge honour being captain and thoroughly enjoyed last season. Gary Setchell is building a really exciting squad and sure they will do well next season.'
The 30-year-old, who joined from Worksop Town, scored one goal last season and played in the same squad as his brother. Ewan, however, looks likely to remain with the Linnets after Setchell admitted he deserved a second chance to prove himself in Norfolk.
The Lynn boss, who hailed Ryan a 'top player and person' said: 'Ewan never moaned, he never groaned, he got on with it and scored some crucial goals for us. So he'll be given an opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
'It was hard for me to do that last year because he hadn't had a pre-season. He's had a tough time with injuries. But he'll be in with us and hopefully he'll do well.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release