Great Yarmouth Town 1, Hadleigh United 3

A goal in stoppage time at the end of each half denied the Bloaters a point in an improved performance at home to Hadleigh.

Mills' penalty cancelled out the opener from Jopling within 15 minutes, but goals from Allen and Deacon ensured the visitors came away with the victory.

The game started slowly, partially due to an injury to Hadleigh's Crawley, with the first attack coming in the tenth minute. A Hadleigh free kick to the far post headed over the crossbar.

The away side took the lead a minute later. Jopling had a free header at the far post following a deep cross from the left.

The goal made the Bloaters instantly hit back. Spooner was found on the edge of the area by Vide, but his shot trickled wide of the near post.

Spooner was again involved two minutes later. A through ball by Mills sent the striker away off the left side, his progress only stopped when he was tripped over an outstretched Hadleigh leg. From the resulting penalty Mills sent the goalkeeper the wrong way.

Spooner was proving to be a problem for Hadleigh's defence. And he was involved minutes later, but he volleyed Barnden's cross straight at the goalkeeper.

Most Read

Hadleigh had a chance after 21 minutes that was almost a carbon copy of the goal they scored, but this time Topling fired Crawley's cross wide from three yards.

Just before the half hour mark Yarmouth created another chance. Formosa's shot from 18 yards was blocked, but the midfielder's rebound shot bobbled through to the visiting goalkeeper.

On 30 minutes Deacon collected a through ball in the penalty area, but his shot from the by-line was turned behind by Barber.

Yarmouth had the best chance of the half to take the lead on 36 minutes. Mills found Vide in space on the left side but his shot flew inches wide of the far post.

Instead Hadleigh retook the lead in the final minute of stoppage time. An Allen corner deceived all in the Yarmouth box by flying into the goal at the near post.

The away side started the second half the brightest. Deacon fired a free kick he won after seven minutes on the edge of the area straight at Barber.

The striker was involved again just four minutes later. He found Topling whose first shot from 20 yards was blocked, but he fired the rebound wide of the far post.

From the resulting goal kick Vide found Kemp in space, but the left-back hurried his shot, scuffing it wide of the near post.

After Topling's volley on 66 minutes was blocked, Yarmouth broke. But Baldock, who was found when Bartley flicked Mills' cross to him, put his volley over the crossbar.

Joppagy almost made a perfect entrance to the match on 67 minutes, but he was inches away from getting to Vide's deep cross from the right. Any touch would have put his side in front.

With Yarmouth pushing for an equaliser, Hadleigh provided the sucker punch in the last minute of stoppage time. Hadleigh broke from a free kick and went on the counter attack, with Deacon rounding the goalkeeper. Despite hitting the post, the rebound was fired in from a yard out.

• Great Yarmouth Town: Barber, Short (Bartley, 25, Jobbagy, 67), Kemp (Marczenko, 80), Lee, Baldock, Giacomelli, Formoso, Mills, Spooner, Barnden, Vide. Unused Subs: Addy, Allen

Bookings: None

Goals: Mills (16, pen)

• Hadleigh United: Heath, McLaughlin, Ince (Crawley, 9), Steward, French (Garrett, 81), Rose, Alexander (Dillonay, 75), Canfer, Topling, Deacon, Allen. Unused Subs: Crawford

Bookings: None

Goals: Topling (11), Allen (45), Deacon (90)

• Attendance: 59

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter