Great Yarmouth Town 1, Felixstowe & Walton United 7

A stoppage time goal from George Barnden brought the only cheer of the game as ten-man Yarmouth lost at home to Felixstowe and Walton United.

A Cranfield brace along with goals from Ryland, Cole, Powell, Hampson and substitute Snell secured the points before Nathan Kemp was given his marching orders for lashing out at Hampson and Barnden rifled in the consolation.

Yarmouth got off to the worst possible start by going behind after just two minutes. A free kick - given away when new signing Lewis Popham fouled Cole, earning a yellow card in the process - found its way to Ryland to volley home.

That goal sparked Yarmouth into looking for a reply and it brought the best spell of the half. In three consecutive corners Leighton Crux first tested the keeper with a low shot before Barnden powered a header over the bar.

But Yarmouth couldn't get that much needed equaliser, instead Felixstowe doubled their lead. Cole fired a curling ball from the right over Cudden after being fed by Garnham.

Yarmouth struggled to contain Felixstowe's attacks, and the away side got their third on the half hour mark after a neat interchange of passes between Powell, Duzgan and Garnham allowed the former to fire a low shot past Cudden's left hand.

Cranfield got his first just five minutes later. Cole's effort from the right was fumbled onto the far post, Hampson rolling the rebound to Cranfield to finish from close range.

Most Read

Felixstowe had chances to make it five before half-time as Powell, Hampson and Cranfield beat Yarmouth's offside trap, but Powell unselfishly finding Cranfield in an offside position ended that attack before Garnham rattled the bar from a free kick two minutes later.

Both teams made changes at half-time that benefited the Bloaters more. And within the first five minutes of the half Popham whipped a free kick to substitute Lee, but he could only find the side netting.

But Felixstowe soon regained control of the game. Hampson fired a weak shot into the side netting after being able to get to the byline, while Garnham was sent one-on-one with Cudden but chipped his shot wide of the post.

And the fifth goal for Felixstowe came midway through the second half. After good work on the left Ryland fired a low cross from the byline for Hampson to turn in at the near post.

Ten minutes from time it was six as substitute Glenn Snell - who had been on the pitch a matter of minutes - headed fellow substitute Vietch's corner past Cudden, while three minutes from time Hampson cut the ball back to Cranfield to fire goalwards for his second of the game.

The misery wasn't over for the Bloaters as a moment of stupidity from Nathan Kemp led to him being given his marching orders. The full back took objection to the referee penalising his dealing of Hampson and attempted to take a swing at the midfielder, referee McIntyre having no other option but to issue the red card.

But Yarmouth's consolation came in stoppage time as substitute Lee found Barnden in space on the edge of the area to fire a low shot into the bottom corner to bring the only cheer of the game.

• Great Yarmouth Town XI: Ben Cudden, Nathan Kemp, Leighton Crux, Philip Watkins (Simeon Lee, 46), Sam Giacomelli, Jordan Forbes, Charlie McAra, George Barnden, Russell Platten (Liam Williams, 46), Lewis Popham (Marian Jobbagy. 77), Fernando Vide. Unused Subs: Travis Manning, James Beales.

Bookings: Popham (1)

Sent Off: Kemp (88)

Goals: Barnden 90

• Felixstowe &WU XI: Guy Clubb, Adam Clarke, Matt Ryland, Miles Powell (Glenn Snell, 79), Dan Davis, Aaran Sheppard (Ashley Veitch, 67), Seyitman Duzgan, Ben Garnham, Jamie Cole (Ashley Phillips, 46), Ben Cranfield, Adam Hampson.

Bookings: Garnham (49)

Goals: Ryland (3), Cole (18), Powell (29), Cranfield (35, 87), Hampson (67), Snell (85)

• Attendance: 48