Great Yarmouth Town 0, Mildenhall Town 4

Mildenhall scored two goals in each half as the mid-table side ran out victors in Yarmouth's penultimate game of the season.

Andrew Wood got a brace, with goals either side of David Cooper and Michael Harvey strikes.

Three changes were made to the side beaten in the derby match over Easter, Jordan Forbes started along with Sam Giacomelli in defence, while Leighton Crux returned to the side.

Mildenhall took nine minutes to take the lead when Andrew Wood found space and fired low past Ben Cudden after being found by Josh Turner.

The lead could have been doubled three minutes later as Wood planted a free header over the bar in an otherwise quiet opening stage.

Midway through the first half Wood was again involved as the visitors looked to double their lead; the striker was inches from reaching Steve Holder's low cross with an open goal to aim at, while two minutes later Wood provided a low cross that Issac Jagroop turned onto the bottom of the post.

Steve Holder tried an acrobatic volley that flew over the bar before Mildenhall doubled their lead on the half hour mark. Holder crossed for David Cooper to tap in unmarked at the far post.

Most Read

Yarmouth's first chance of the game came ten minutes from the break, George Barnden firing at the visiting keeper Josh Pope after a flowing move involving the midfielder and Leighton Crux.

And the hosts had another chance just before half time, this time Barnden providing the cross for Crux, but the winger poked the ball across the six yard box and wide.

Holder forced a low save from Cudden and Barnden fired a free kick over the bar after the break before Isaac Jagroop had a shot deflected over the bar.

On the hour mark Steve Holder had a header parried by Cudden after being found by David Cooper, from the rebound Holder headed wide after being found by Andrew Wood's chip

Cudden was again needed to parry Wood's shot before Crux scuffed a low drive wide and from a throw had a low shot blocked.

With 15 minutes remaining a through ball sent Wood past the Yarmouth defence, but after Wood's shot was blocked, Proctor fired the rebound over the bar.

Three minutes later Yarmouth created a carbon copy chance. A through ball sent Alex Pantelli past the visitor defence, but after rounding the keeper and slotting home the substitute's celebrations were curtailed by the linesman's flag.

Pantelli powered a header at the keeper before Mildenhall wrapped up the victory, Michael Harvey chipping Cudden from 20 yards.

Substitute Kris Thomas fired wide of on open goal after pouncing on Wood's shot that rebounded off the bar before Cudden allowed Wood's low shot to squirm under the keeper for the fourth goal.

• Great Yarmouth Town: Ben Cudden, Andre Costa (Alex Pantelli, 40), Philip Watkins, Jordan Forbes, Sam Giacomelli, Mark Vincent, Jason Hall (Micael Adamo, 74), George Barnden, Leighton Crux, Charlie McAra (Diego Fernandes, 82), Fernando Vide. Unused Subs: Marian Jobbagy, Lee Hackleton.

• Mildenhall Town: Josh Pope, David Cooper (Kris Thomas, 85), Josh Turner, Adrian Judge, Sean Hefferon, Dave Werthmann, Issac Jagroop, Alex Steed (Wayne Proctor, 68), Steve Holder (James Paterson, 68), Andrew Wood, Michael Harvey. Unused Subs: Archie Watson.

Bookings: Werthmann (90)

Goals: Wood (9, 90), Cooper (31), Harvey (84)