Ex-Norwich City stars await struggling Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Wellesley plays host to Wroxham for the second time in a matter of days this afternoon, with Great Yarmouth Town desperate to shake off their poor form.
The Bloaters have lost four games – three in the league – in a row and face the Yachtsmen in the first round of the FA Vase just four days after a 2-0 defeat in midweek.
The visitors have Premier League experience in the shape of ex-Norwich City pair Simon Lappin and Grant Holt.
Yarmouth's joint-manager Martyn Sinclair said: 'Although Wroxham were the better side both goals came from our mistakes and later in the game we did create a few openings but couldn't quite convert.
'We re-group and go again Saturday and hopefully things will turn in our favour.'
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham Town are in Vase action at Haverhill Borough while Kirkley & Pakefield are away to Enfield Borough tomorrow afternoon.
In the Thurlow Nunn Premier today, Gorleston host Haverhill Rovers and Norwich United go to Whitton.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit