Ex-Norwich City stars await struggling Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Wellesley plays host to Wroxham for the second time in a matter of days this afternoon, with Great Yarmouth Town desperate to shake off their poor form.
The Bloaters have lost four games – three in the league – in a row and face the Yachtsmen in the first round of the FA Vase just four days after a 2-0 defeat in midweek.
The visitors have Premier League experience in the shape of ex-Norwich City pair Simon Lappin and Grant Holt.
Yarmouth's joint-manager Martyn Sinclair said: 'Although Wroxham were the better side both goals came from our mistakes and later in the game we did create a few openings but couldn't quite convert.
'We re-group and go again Saturday and hopefully things will turn in our favour.'
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham Town are in Vase action at Haverhill Borough while Kirkley & Pakefield are away to Enfield Borough tomorrow afternoon.
In the Thurlow Nunn Premier today, Gorleston host Haverhill Rovers and Norwich United go to Whitton.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Norwich hospital to stop inpatient visits after rising Covid cases
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns