Great Yarmouth area youth scene

BOHEMIANS U12 GIRLS travelled to Firside looking for a second win against the Foxes in a week. Millie, Demi and Indi linked well to move the ball down the pitch, creating opportunities on goal. Millie opened the scoring after 17 minutes with a low corner which curled into the Firside goal. The Foxes responded well and it only took two minutes for them to level the game with a strike from the edge of the box. In the second half Ella gave extra pace on the wing for the Bohs, creating more chances. Firside battled hard and worked Jordan, Annie, Olivia and Lauren in defence. With end-to-end football the game could have gone either way but shot after shot were saved by a great performance in goal by PoM, Briarnie, who saved a point for the Bohs. Final score: Firside 1, Bohemians 1.

BOHEMIANS U13 GIRLS entertained Aylsham. The team played well with only six players. Jackie saved some great shots on target, with Toni playing another great game in defence. Molly put some great crosses into the box, Zoe and Leanne worked the ball well, keeping Aylsham busy, while Martha waited patiently on the wing. The girls played an impressive game and finished with a 12-2 win. Next game: home to Kirkley kick-off 10.30am.

BRADWELL U11 from Division Three played in the League Cup semi-finals against table-topping Division One Waveney Youth A. FC were up against it from the off when Waveney scored within the first minute. FC battled hard but Waveney created the best opportunities which were generally foiled by some good defending or great stops from Shaun in goal. The pressure told and midway through the first half Waveney doubled their lead to go in 2-0 up at half-time. The second half saw a similar pattern with Waveney's precise passing and finishing. Waveney continued to score frequently, although FC's heads never dropped. There was a 'well done' to all the boys from teams, the officials, supporters and team sponsor Prajco Premier Supermarket of Bradwell, club sponsor Church Farm Country Inn. Team: Shaun, Alex, Aaron, James PR, Reece, Luis, Lewis, Sam, Ben, Henry & Connor MoM: Shaun Sadler for some great saves throughout the match which kept the scoreline to single figures.

BRADWELL U8 played host to a very well-organised and friendly Kirkley & Pakefield B. On a very windy day both sides struggled to keep control of the ball FC Bradwell had Alex in goal, Kyle defence, Sam, Josh, Toby midfield with Chester, Harvey and Harry on the bench. The pace of Josh quickly put the Kirkley keeper under pressure. Both teams played some good football in the first half with Alex pulling off some great saves and Kyle solid at the back. Sam Josh and Toby linked well before Harry Chester and Harvey came on to carry on the good work. With the wind getting stronger on a blustery Mill Lane the second half started slowly, both side struggling to put passes together. FC Bradwell were put under pressure with Kyle and MoM Sam holding strong at the back. Toby Josh and Chester all had great shots with the Kirkley keeper proving a good stopper. Thanks went to Church Farm Country Inn of Burgh Castle for their support.

Most Read

BRADWELL U8 visited a very sporting St Benets Wasps. FC Bradwell started the game very strongly, welcoming back Tristan, who partnered Toby and Sam in midfield. Kyle was in defence, Alex in goal. From the start FC Bradwell put the Wasps defence under pressure which continued when subs Harry and Harvey came on. Kyle was soild at the back and Alex was back to his best making some terrific saves. In the second half FC Bradwell put their player development plan into action which saw Toby make his debut in goal and Harry make his debut as a striker. With Tristan playing a great role in defence, Alex had his first chance as an outfield player, with FC Bradwell wanting to develop new skills in the players. Bradwell worked hard all through the second half with MoM Harry showing the makings of a great striker. Toby pulled off some good saves and Tristan covered every blade of grass at speed. Sam and Kyle had solid performances with play-maker Harvey putting good passes together for Alex to go close, hitting a post. MoM: Harry. A big thank you went to both sets of parents, with the ref commenting that it was a great showpiece for mini-soccer. Thanks went to NORSE and Church Farm Burgh Castle.

BREYDON FC U10 entertained St Benets at the Magdalen in a very entertaining match. Fielding only seven players, Haydn, Tyler, Matthew, Taylor, Aaron, Callum and Franklin, Breydon put in a performance which totally erased memories of the two previous heavy defeats. Although they went in 1-0 down at half-time, they could not be faulted for their great effort and determination. The second half also saw attackers, defenders and the goalkeeper giving 100 per cent against a very determined St Benets. Although the final score was 2-0 to the Wasps, the Breydon boys must be well happy with themselves. Thanks went to big Al for taking the referee's spot.

BREYDON UNITED U18 played in the quarter-finals of the Ipswich & Suffolk Open Cup away to Brandon Lads, with several players out. They kicked off with some very positive passing and caught the defence napping for Sonny A to score. Then Aaron T, with a volley, made it 2-0 in under 10 minutes. Good progressive football kept possession and frustrated Brandon. Aaron popped up again with a well-worked goal for 3-0 Breydon. Five minutes into the second half Brandon got one back, the pace changed and at full-time it was 3-3. Extra-time gave way to penalties: final score: 5-4 to Breydon. Takers were Kris B, Aaron T, Rob D, Dillon C, Sonny A, Sam S. MoM: All. Next: Scole Lads in the semis. Thanks went to A2Z Damp Proofing for sponsorship.

CAISTER U10B played Waveney C in a Division Two clash. From the start Caister took the game to Waveney. With good passing from Logan and Reece they created chances for Alex and Will, but Waveney's keeper made some good saves. Caister took the lead as Will finished well when the ball fell to him inside the box. The second half was a siege on the Waveney goal, hitting the woodwork twice and having the ball cleared of the line. Caister were unable to add to their lead, never threatened at the back. Alfie and man of the match Harry had solid games. Result: Caister 1, Waveney 0. Next match: Waveney Y D (away) kick-off 11.30am. Team from: Thomas, Harry, Daniel, Alfie, Will, Jay, Logan, Richie, Reece and Alex.

COBHOLM U7 visited Kirkley & Pakefield with just five players. Cobholm had most of the early possession, playing some lovely football. All of Cobholm's players passed the ball well, tackled well and created a number of chances. This week's captain Thom worked hard for the team and played some nice balls through to Buddy and Toby. Thom's tackling was awesome and to finish it off he netted two goals. Bailey had a quite game in goal, but when called upon was spot on, pulling off a terrific save. Buddy worked hard up and down the pitch playing some nice balls through to Thom and Toby. Like the others, his tackling was great, and on two occasions he buried the ball in the back of the net. Josh had a great game in keeping Kirkley at bay, only letting them have one shot at goal all match. Josh's tackling, throw-ins and goal-kicks were spot-on. Cobholm dominated most of the game, working hard as a team. Thom put a lovely through ball to Toby, who at long last got his first goal for the club. This is the best game Toby has played so far for the club. He also tackled well and passed the ball about well. The manager was very proud of all the team, saying it was the best game they had have all played to date. They all gave 100 per cent and played some lovely football. No training or match this week, meet next Saturday at 10am.

COBHOLM U10B played their last game of the season against Waveney F. Cobholm found themselves 1-0 down early on. After a while, Cobholm played some good football and had a great chance when Keiran C forced the keeper to make a double save. A few minutes later a cracking five-player passing move led to a brilliant shot from Charlie, again a fine save pushed it onto a post. The second half started with Cobholm having a lot of possession, Charlie, Taylor and Kieran C running the midfield and Shaun and Odin solid at the back – but Cobholm couldn't get the equaliser. MoM: Shaun for being solid all game. No training this week, but then every two weeks from March 5. Thanks goes to everyone for their help this season.

GORLESTON RANGERS U8B visited Mutford at the Dell School. All players were fighting fit this week. GRB had greater possession for both halves and the boys showed good concentration in the match. They pushed forward at all opportunities and battled for the ball. Their only small failing was some delays in passing the ball, which caused a loss of possession on occasions. Overall a good game, with lots of action and enjoyable to watch. Man of the match this week goes to the whole team.

GORLESTON RANGERS U9C were in the quarter-finals of the Open Cup against Thetford with eight players available in a seven-a-side game. Fenn was in goal, Keir and Harry in defence with Regan in centre midfield with Sam, Tommy and Callum running the wings in turn and Ethan as striker. This was a super game of attacking football. Fenn made excellent saves throughout. With Harry and Keir clearing their lines well, this allowed the midfield of Regan, Tommy, Callum and Sam to break down Thetford's defence. Ethan was a constant threat with his tricks and pace. Ethan found Sam, who scored early on, only for Thetford to hit back quickly with two goals. A well-worked goal by Tommy made it 2-2, then a great cross minutes later from Ethan found Callum, who fired over. A team talk at the break got Rangers flying. Rangers broke with Sam unleashing a venomous shot for a 3-2 lead. Rangers were winning every ball. Ethan had shots saved, including a thunderous one that hit their keeper on the knees, causing him to go off. From a Rangers' corner by Sam, Regan hit a volley to wrap the game up 4-2. The MoM went to Tommy, most improved award to Fenn. A big thank you went to Terry Gallant for refereeing and to all the sponsors and supporters. Rob said 'well done everyone' to the boys.

GORLESTON RANGERS U10B: played their old friends, a much-improved Shrublands on the Common. Rangers totally dominated but only had two goals (Lewis and Tom) to show for their superiority. Playing some excellent football, Rangers penned Shrublands back in their own half for long periods. Kane had little to do, but kept his concentration, sweeping up behind a solid back line of Jack and Andreas. Ryan and Lewis kept the supply going forward while Harley anchored the midfield. Tom and Adam always looked dangerous in the box, and it was good to see Luke back in action following his injury. This week, St Benets on the Lynn Grove, kick-off to be advised.

GORLESTON RANGERS U10B: Next year Rangers go to nine-a-side football, so they will be looking for two or three new players under 11 to add to their squad. Contact Simon on 07747 843135 or David on 07769 647450.

GORLESTON RANGERS U12A visited Bungay in a very tough game between two very competent teams. Rangers confidence was on a high after beating Bungay in the cup semi-final a few weeks ago and they played with control and belief in each other to come away with an excellent 3-1 win. The defence and midfielders grafted away to create numerous opportunities for the strikers and controlled the game for long periods. This moved Rangers clear in second place and within touching distance of first place. Goals came from Matty (2) and Lewis. Next up is a trip to St Benets on Sunday. Meet at either the Sixth Form College at 9.15am or at the ground at 9.45am, in away kit.

GORLESTON RANGERS 13B hosted Burnt Hill 95 in a good encounter. Christian was given a specific job to do, which he did very well. Rangers started very well and were playing some very good football. Surprisingly they found themselves a goal down after 13 minutes – a sloppy goal to give away. Rangers kept their heads and continued to play flowing football and Lee soon levelled the score. Ten minutes later Dan got them in front, for Rangers to go in at the break 2-1 up. Dan extended the lead with a well-worked goal and a few minutes later he completed his hat trick. On 25 minutes James scored Rangers' fifth goal, which secured the win, despite Burnt Hill scoring in the last few minutes. Final score: 5-2. This was a good performance with good football being played and sets Rangers up for the next match away to Swindell. MoM was Dan.

HEMSBY HORNETS U7A travelled to play St Benets B in very muddy conditions. The Hornets started brightly with Haydn scoring early on with a great strike. With the whole team working hard they created many openings, but couldn't find the net due to some good defending. Haydn scored again after intercepting a goal-kick and finished well. St Benets battled back after the Hornets got caught on the attack. In the second half St Benets again defended superbly and played well on the break, with Ryan having to make some great saves and William some good tackles. After chances for Molly, Maddison and Haydn which couldn't be finished, Harvey's shot finally found the back of the net towards the end of an entertaining game. This was another hard-working team performance with player of the match being awarded to Harvey for some great defending and a good finish. Next game: Sunday at home to Kirkley & Pakefield B, kick-off 12.30pm.

HEMSBY HORNETS U9B played host to Bungay. With Hemsby having played a game on Saturday, this was a perfect platform to get back on track after a poor result. All the boys knew what they had to do and they didn't let themselves down. Hemsby started brightly with Adam, Jack and Tighe playing some nice football in the middle of the park. James was having a good game up front, but again found the Bungay keeper in great form. It took some good work from Henly, Adam and James to set up Jack L for the first goal. The boys were doing everything right in the game, their communication and work rate excellent. All the Bungay boys played their part in the game and they never made it easy for Hemsby, who carried on playing and passing in the right areas. Jack L got his second goal of the game. Henly and Jack G in goal managed to keep Bungay out. All the boys from both teams played their part in a very entertaining game. MoM went to Adam for his work rate in the game. Next game is away to Gorleston Rangers B at Lynn Grove, kick-off at 10.30am.

SHRUBLANDS U16B GIRLS played Swanton. The Shrubs girls were straight out of the blocks knowing this would be a test as they had four girls away, two of them strikers. They adjusted well and played some lovely pass-and-move football in first 20 minutes to put the game to bed. With the girls moving around positions, they seemed in control, but Swanton kept going. Well done to all girls that played on a very cold day and thanks to Ross for refereeing and Steve Lynch for running the line again. Player of match was Katherine Huggins. The final score was 12-2. The girls have only played six games as two teams pulled out of league. They have done well, scoring 87 goals and conceding four. A great achievement as this team only joined this season to have some fun. Any U15 or U16 girls' teams looking for a friendly should contact Steve and leave a message 01493 661548.

SWINDELL U13A played Loddon. An excellent game of football was produced by both teams. Swindell continued to play some good football, scoring first. They then seemed to go to sleep and allowed Loddon to score. Swindell must try to be more disciplined at the back. They regained their composure and started to play football again. A penalty for Swindell made it 2-1 when Tyler scored from the spot. Loddon kept trying but Swindell kept playing their normal game and kept scoring at regular intervals. Loddon scored a good goal, although Joshua did get his hands to the shot. Swindell ran out 7-2 winners in a good all-round performance. MoM: Bradley Baker. This week at home to Gorleston Rangers B.

BOHEMIANS U9 welcomed Sole Bay to New Road for what proved to be a great game. Both sides played good football in the first half with Sole Bay netting the first, followed up by a second. Bohs fought back with some classy football with Harrison (2) Connor and Declan scoring for Bohs to take the lead. Jamie and Brinley again shared the time in goal, and with Cameron, Jamie and Leroy ensured that the lead was well-defended. Billy again played well, as did the whole Bohs side. The man of the match went to all the players.

BLUNDESTON MAGPIES U12 were at home to Gorleston Rangers Band got off to a flying start when Sam broke into the box to score. Matthew shot wide before Logan forced his way down the right wing to put Sam through to score his second. James went close from a corner, a defender heading the ball off the line. The Rangers' keeper was proving difficult to beat and he pulled off a good save from Sam's free-kick from just outside the box. However, Sam completed his hat-trick, finishing off a good move down the left. Man of the match Jordan had calmly dealt with the few Rangers' attacks that had got through the midfield. The second half continued with the Magpies dominating the midfield and creating chances for Sam, Declan and Alex, Sam scored his fourth, breaking into the box to beat the keeper. James took over from Bexley in goal, who was quickly on hand to break into the box and square for Taylor to score the fifth. Bexley put Declan through, but the keeper saved well. With the last action of the game Rangers broke through the centre and forced the ball home from close range to reduce the arrears.