Grays Athletic 1 Lowestoft Town 1
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Lowestoft Town's play-off hopes suffered a blow at Grays last night as they had to settle for a point in Essex.
Chris Henderson opened the scoring with a fine strike in the 13th minute as the Blues showed few signs of the match being their third in the last six days.
However, Lowestoft were caught cold in the second half and in the 48th minute Joel Nouble levelled from the penalty spot.
The match looked to be swinging back in Lowestoft's favour midway through the second period when John Mbamarah was sent off for the hosts but the Trawlerboys were unable to make the extra man tell.
Lowestoft sit three points outside the play-off places with three matches to play and they must beat Billericay at Crown Meadow tomorrow to have any realistic hope of climbing into the top five. They then travel to Bury Town on Monday before ending their campaign at home to Harrow Borough.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000