‘That’s promotion confirmed then’ - Fans react to Grant Holt and Simon Lappin signing for King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town have completed a major double swoop, signing former Norwich City stars Grant Holt and Simon Lappin. Here is how some fans reacted on Twitter.
The Linnets have pulled off a major coup by persuading Holt and Lappin to join the revolution being led by Canaries legend Ian Culverhouse in the Bostik Southern League Premier Division.
Lynn are fourth in the Southern Premier after seven wins and a draw from their opening 10 matches.
Holt scored goals 78 goals in 168 games during four seasons of superb success at Carrow Road after signing from Shrewsbury for around £500,000 in the summer of 2009, after City had been relegated to League One.
He is joined in west Norfolk by another former Norwich player who has put down roots in Norfolk, with left-sided midfielder or full-back Lappin also signing.
You may also want to watch:
The Scot joined City from St Mirren for around £100,000 from St Mirren in January 2007 and went on to make 126 appearances, scoring four goals before joining Cardiff City on a free transfer in January 2013.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women