Gorleston suffer first defeat of season as Stowmarket take points
- Credit: PA
Gorleston suffered their first defeat of the season as Stowmarket came away from Emerald Park with the points in Tuesday night's Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division clash.
The visitors won 2-0, with an early goal setting them on their way against a side who had gone into the game with three league wins and a cup success behind them.
Ethan Clarke set the ball rolling for Stowmarket and Josh Mayhew doubled their advantage with a second from the penalty spot early in the second half.
It was rough justice on the Greens who were the better side for long periods but failed to take the chances that came their way.
Thetford Town joined Gorleston on nine points after a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Newmarket Town at Mundford Road.
You may also want to watch:
The all-important goal came on the hour mark when Robbie Priddle guided home a cross from Ross Bailey.
In Division One Swaffham Town were 5-0 winners over near neighbours King's Lynn Reserves, with hot-shot striker Joe Jackson scoring a hat-trick.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould