Gorleston suffer first defeat of season as Stowmarket take points
- Credit: PA
Gorleston suffered their first defeat of the season as Stowmarket came away from Emerald Park with the points in Tuesday night's Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division clash.
The visitors won 2-0, with an early goal setting them on their way against a side who had gone into the game with three league wins and a cup success behind them.
Ethan Clarke set the ball rolling for Stowmarket and Josh Mayhew doubled their advantage with a second from the penalty spot early in the second half.
It was rough justice on the Greens who were the better side for long periods but failed to take the chances that came their way.
Thetford Town joined Gorleston on nine points after a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Newmarket Town at Mundford Road.
The all-important goal came on the hour mark when Robbie Priddle guided home a cross from Ross Bailey.
In Division One Swaffham Town were 5-0 winners over near neighbours King's Lynn Reserves, with hot-shot striker Joe Jackson scoring a hat-trick.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment