Gorleston hockey chief Crawford’s player plea
Gorleston Hockey Club has been representing the towns of Gorleston and Great Yarmouth since being founded in 1910.
For the last ten years though, the club has been relying on a single team to carry on the Club name.
The club needs to attract new players to the team, but with no schools in the area teaching the game of hockey, new players are hard to come by.
Have you played hockey in the past and thought about taking it up again? Would you like to join a local club that plays hockey in the East Men's League across Norfolk and Suffolk?
Training will start again in August, at Cliff Park High School in Gorleston, right across the road from the James Paget Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
If you would be interested in joining the club for the start of the new season, please contact chairman Russ Crawford on 01493 393448 (home) or 01493 453833 (office). You can visit the club website at: www.pitchero.com/clubs/gorlestonhockeyclub/ or find us on Facebook.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 8 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid