Gorleston 0 Barking 4: Wait goes on as visitors prove too good for Greens in FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston's 25 year wait to get past the FA Cup first qualifying round will have to continue for another year after they were comprehensively beaten by Barking.
Ricci Butler made two changes from the draw with Brantham. With influential skipper Aarron Taylor out injured, Isaac Burrage was given a start. There was a surprise at number 11 with the lively Ismael Fatadjo dropped to the bench and Under 18s player Cameron Wing handed a debut.
Captain for the game was Greens stalwart Elliott Hannant.
Taurean Molloy was the first keeper called into action when Alan Smalls hit a drive straight at him.
Molloy then got down quick to deny Jay Knight before Barking took the lead in the 28th minute. Smalls cross from the left travelled low across the Greens box finding Theo Ola at the back post and he blasted it into the roof of the net.
Ricci Butler made what was presumably a tactical change by replacing Wing, who had done nothing wrong, with Connor Ingram. At the same time, Barking were forced to replace their skipper Abs Seymour with Dan Gilchrist.
The change worked out well for the visitors immediately with Gilchrist's first touch being to drill the ball into the bottom corner of Molloy's net to double his side's lead.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 6 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 7 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 8 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
Barking began the second half with Kresnic Krasniqi bringing out another save from Molloy and then blasting the follow up against the upright.
Ten minutes into the half the visitors made it three when a great ball out of defence picked out Smalls on the left and he cut inside hitting the ball low into the net from the edge of the box.
Molloy stood in the way of the lead being increased further, finger-tipping over a Toib Adyemi header then denying Gilchrist.
However, with 18 minutes to go, Gilchrist had the final say getting on the end of a Smalls cross to make it four.
Gorleston: Molloy, Hitch, Kounnas, Deeks, Burrage, Foreman, Ingram, Hannant (McKay 68), Garrod (Fatadjo 65), Watts, Wing (Ingram 35).
Barking: Bowles, Tarbard, Marfo, Willis, Adyemi, Okwera, Ola (Will Putt 73), Seymour (Gilchrist 35), Knight (Okah 65), Krasniqi, Smalls
Referee: Callum Walchester