Good start to Cape Town tour for Norfolk Under-13s
- Credit: Submitted
Norfolk Under-13s kicked off their tour of Cape Town with a comfortable 90-run victory in a 20-over match against Langa CC in South Africa.
The team, sponsored by Almary Green, toured the Langa township in the morning and enjoyed a locally prepared meal accompanied by some talented musicians.
Set against a backdrop of Table Mountain, Norfolk scored 165-4, with Sam Grisewood top scoring with 25. In reply the Langa boys could only score 75 before being bowled out in the 18th over. Eddie Darley took 2-5 and all the other bowlers claimed a scalp. After the match the Norfolk lads donated sports kit to the Langa boys.
The U13s continued their tour with a thrilling tie against Somerset Prep College in a T20 match. Norfolk batted first on a gloriously sunny day in magnificent surroundings and finished on 89-7, with Danny Long retiring on 22 not out.
When Somerset batted Callum Metcalf struck with two wickets in his first two balls to leave Norfolk on the front foot and, as the winds grew stronger, Somerset's top scorer was run out on the last ball attempting to get the winning run, to see the match end in a tie.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 8 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 9 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 10 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk