Goals flow in top two divisions
Today's Mummery Cup finalists Acle and Spixworth managed one point between them in Saturday's Premier Division games. The final is at Wroxham's Trafford Park, ko 10.30.
Acle, fourth in the league, drew 1-1 at sixth-placed Wroxham Reserves, Ashley Mitchell on target for the Yachtsmen, Nathan Thompson for Acle.
Spixworth, in 11th place, lost 3-1 at home to a Beccles Town side who are in eighth spot. Neil McMorran, Anthony Martin and an own goal gave Town the points, Craig Vincent responding.
Champions Cromer were left without a game when visitors, bottom side Brandon, called off.
Fifth-placed Blofield won 7-1 at second-bottom Dersingham. Robert Woodcock and James Basey-Fisher each scored a brace, Greg Murphy, Chris Holmes and Ian Wooston also on target as Dersingham replied through Ben Walker.
You may also want to watch:
Loddon, fourth bottom, won 2-0 at tenth-placed Sheringham while Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves, fifth-bottom, drew 0-0 at mid-table Hempnall.
Two teams in Division One hit six goals.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
Hindringham won 6-1 at home to Caister with goals from Jack Ainsley, Gary Belton, David Coslett, Mark Betts, Luke Goss and Kevin Whitred, with a reply from Ben Ford.
Bungay were 6-2 home winners over Watton with Daniel Andrews claiming five goals and Craig Sartain one. Watton responded through Sam Fincham and Michael Callaghan.
Division champions Wells beat runners-up Wymondham 4-0 at Beach Road, Scott Sutherland-Gray (2), Joseph Harrison and Daniel Grocott on target.
Bradenham finish in third spot. They drew 1-1 at home to Stalham, Karl Bush their scorer with Nicholas Meale replying.
Corton's Ethan Mills claimed a hat-trick and Quinn French chipped in as they beat visitors Long Stratton 4-1, Terry Green scoring for the visitors.
Poringland drew 3-3 at home to Reepham, Vaughan Stevenson (2) and Thomas Vandenburgh finding the net, the Robins replying through a Stephen Drake hat-trick.