Gary Setchell unhappy at referee as King’s Lynn Town lose to Worksop Town
- Credit: Ian Burt
Gary Setchell insisted referee Chris Francis' decision to allow Adam Quinn's goal cost King's Lynn Town dearly last night.
The Linnets were already 1-0 down at home to Worksop Town before Alex Street, while challenging Tom Denton, was unable to claim Jake Scott's set piece. The ball dropped to the Tigers' defender who had the simple task of doubling his side's lead. And the Lynn boss said his men were always fighting a losing battle from there on in.
'It was a clear foul, he (the referee) can borrow the DVD (of the game) if he wants,' said Setchell.
'He isn't the reason we lost the footall match, let's make that clear. But he definitely didn't help us with that second goal. To be fair though, he has helped us lose the game because that was definitely the nail in the coffin.
'I'm not being cynical about the ref and surely I'm entitled to an opinion and I think he set his stall out early and he lost control of the game. I think their manager (Mark Shaw) would tell you exactly the same.
You may also want to watch:
'He was giving cards and fouls for things that weren't fouls and he was giving nothing when potentially there were one or two red cards out there.'
Leon Mettam's brace helped consign Lynn to a 3-1 defeat on their own turf. Rob Duffy netted for the hosts – who also had five men booked during a fiery encounter at The Walks.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- Click on the related link to read a match report and see a picture gallery from last night's game.