Gary Setchell unhappy at referee as King’s Lynn Town lose to Worksop Town
- Credit: Ian Burt
Gary Setchell insisted referee Chris Francis' decision to allow Adam Quinn's goal cost King's Lynn Town dearly last night.
The Linnets were already 1-0 down at home to Worksop Town before Alex Street, while challenging Tom Denton, was unable to claim Jake Scott's set piece. The ball dropped to the Tigers' defender who had the simple task of doubling his side's lead. And the Lynn boss said his men were always fighting a losing battle from there on in.
'It was a clear foul, he (the referee) can borrow the DVD (of the game) if he wants,' said Setchell.
'He isn't the reason we lost the footall match, let's make that clear. But he definitely didn't help us with that second goal. To be fair though, he has helped us lose the game because that was definitely the nail in the coffin.
'I'm not being cynical about the ref and surely I'm entitled to an opinion and I think he set his stall out early and he lost control of the game. I think their manager (Mark Shaw) would tell you exactly the same.
You may also want to watch:
'He was giving cards and fouls for things that weren't fouls and he was giving nothing when potentially there were one or two red cards out there.'
Leon Mettam's brace helped consign Lynn to a 3-1 defeat on their own turf. Rob Duffy netted for the hosts – who also had five men booked during a fiery encounter at The Walks.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- Click on the related link to read a match report and see a picture gallery from last night's game.