Gary Setchell quick to sign up King’s Lynn Town ‘backbone’
Gary Setchell has wasted little time in building the foundations of his King's Lynn Town side for next season.
The Linnets boss tied down goalkeeper Alex Street for another season - and soon added three more players to the pot.
Local youngsters Ryan and Liam Fryatt agreed deals for the 2016-17 campaign, as did club captain Sam Gaughran.
'It's good to have the spine of last season's side all in place already,' said Setchell, whose side finished ninth in the Southern League Premier Division.
'Keeping the younger players is also a big bonus for the football club.
You may also want to watch:
'We also have Dylan Edge and Matty Castellan on contract for next season so that's all in place.'
However, midfielder Liam Hurst won't be returning to The Walks after being released by the Linnets.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 7 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 8 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 9 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 10 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
Setchell said: 'We would like to thank Hursty for his time and efforts at King's Lynn Town and I wish him all the best for the future.'
Setchell will continue to speak this week to the remaining players from last season's squad.