Gary Setchell quick to sign up King’s Lynn Town ‘backbone’
Gary Setchell has wasted little time in building the foundations of his King's Lynn Town side for next season.
The Linnets boss tied down goalkeeper Alex Street for another season - and soon added three more players to the pot.
Local youngsters Ryan and Liam Fryatt agreed deals for the 2016-17 campaign, as did club captain Sam Gaughran.
'It's good to have the spine of last season's side all in place already,' said Setchell, whose side finished ninth in the Southern League Premier Division.
'Keeping the younger players is also a big bonus for the football club.
You may also want to watch:
'We also have Dylan Edge and Matty Castellan on contract for next season so that's all in place.'
However, midfielder Liam Hurst won't be returning to The Walks after being released by the Linnets.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
Setchell said: 'We would like to thank Hursty for his time and efforts at King's Lynn Town and I wish him all the best for the future.'
Setchell will continue to speak this week to the remaining players from last season's squad.