Free chance to test ‘Steady Eddie’ horse riding simulator
- Credit: Archant
Riders are invited to attend a free event in Poringland that will demonstrate the training abilities of the perfect riding schoolmaster.
'Steady Eddie' is a state-of-the-art electronic riding simulator – a unique training device that is growing in popularity in leading training centres across the UK.
The simulator has a realistic body shape with padded leather neck and horse hair mane and can electronically simulate a realistic walk, trot or canter action.
Being an indoor mechanical device it is a unique training tool, whatever the weather, as it allows the rider to concentrate selfishly on core posture, stability and other necessary rider skills in a consistant and repeatable manner, without worrying about what a particular horse wishes or wants to do.
The free demonstration, at the Playbarn Riding Centre in Poringland on Monday February 4 from 6.30pm, is being organised by equestrian coach Katherine Walter, a riding instructor who teaches across East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
She will explain how the simulator works and the benefits that it can provide and participants will even be able to have a go themselves.
'With riding hours being reduced in the winter weather the simulator is an enlightening training alternative for the rider,' she said.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
Space for the event is limited. To book contact Katherine on 01508 521800 or by email at email@example.com. The address for the event is The Playbarn Riding Centre, West Green Farm, Shotesham Road, Poringland. NR14 7LP and free refreshments will be served.