Free chance to test ‘Steady Eddie’ horse riding simulator
- Credit: Archant
Riders are invited to attend a free event in Poringland that will demonstrate the training abilities of the perfect riding schoolmaster.
'Steady Eddie' is a state-of-the-art electronic riding simulator – a unique training device that is growing in popularity in leading training centres across the UK.
The simulator has a realistic body shape with padded leather neck and horse hair mane and can electronically simulate a realistic walk, trot or canter action.
Being an indoor mechanical device it is a unique training tool, whatever the weather, as it allows the rider to concentrate selfishly on core posture, stability and other necessary rider skills in a consistant and repeatable manner, without worrying about what a particular horse wishes or wants to do.
The free demonstration, at the Playbarn Riding Centre in Poringland on Monday February 4 from 6.30pm, is being organised by equestrian coach Katherine Walter, a riding instructor who teaches across East Anglia.
She will explain how the simulator works and the benefits that it can provide and participants will even be able to have a go themselves.
'With riding hours being reduced in the winter weather the simulator is an enlightening training alternative for the rider,' she said.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 5 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 6 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 8 'Foodie Fortnight' to celebrate opening of new food hall in Norwich
- 9 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 10 Rains replenish dried-up pond in picturesque village
Space for the event is limited. To book contact Katherine on 01508 521800 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The address for the event is The Playbarn Riding Centre, West Green Farm, Shotesham Road, Poringland. NR14 7LP and free refreshments will be served.