Fourth place for Norfolk’s Andy Marshall in his first PGA East region event
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's Andy Marshall signed off with two birdies in his closing three holes to grab a share of fourth place in the London Open – the first PGA East region event he has played.
Marshall, 43, shot rounds of 71 and 70 at West Essex Golf Club to finish at one-over-par – two behind the winner Steve Cipa.
Marshall said: 'I finished birdie-par-birdie, which is always quite pleasing. It was a course that I haven't played before and I found it tricky but I hit the ball quite well.'
He also plans to play two more of the East's Order of Merit two-dayers later in the season.
Marshall added: 'I'll play a handful of events and am quite looking forward to it because the travelling is a lot easier. It's quite nice to just get in the car whenever you want and drive down the road – much more enjoyable.'
You may also want to watch:
Eaton's head PGA professional Mark Allen also played some decent golf as he finished tied- 16th in an 80-strong field.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk