Forward power the key to victory
CRUSADERS 0, CANTABRIGIAN 14: In a game played in appalling conditions it was the stronger visitors' eight who dominated in the first half.
Their relentless rolling mauls finally broke the lighter Crusaders pack, who heroically kept the score down.
Changes in the Crusaders' pack, with Keelan Nobbs going to prop and Robert Geest at second row, gave the scrums and lineouts more parity. But it was Cantabs who scored again when, from a failed clearance, they ran the ball back and created an overlap in the corner. With a larger percentage of the ball Crusaders' backs had the Cantabs defence rattled but they were unable to deliver the final pass.
• HARWICH 21, WEST NORFOLK 15
West Norfolk slipped to their first defeat of the season, despite holding a narrow lead with 20 minutes left to play thanks to tries from Paul Bridges and Ian Beck and a conversion and penalty from Ed Maule.
Harwich edged ahead with a converted try and withstood heavy pressure before sealing the win with a late penalty.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 6 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 7 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 8 Protests outside drag queen story event sees police called in
- 9 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 10 Fighter jet heard roaring over Norwich in night time training exercise