Forward power the key to victory
CRUSADERS 0, CANTABRIGIAN 14: In a game played in appalling conditions it was the stronger visitors' eight who dominated in the first half.
Their relentless rolling mauls finally broke the lighter Crusaders pack, who heroically kept the score down.
Changes in the Crusaders' pack, with Keelan Nobbs going to prop and Robert Geest at second row, gave the scrums and lineouts more parity. But it was Cantabs who scored again when, from a failed clearance, they ran the ball back and created an overlap in the corner. With a larger percentage of the ball Crusaders' backs had the Cantabs defence rattled but they were unable to deliver the final pass.
• HARWICH 21, WEST NORFOLK 15
You may also want to watch:
West Norfolk slipped to their first defeat of the season, despite holding a narrow lead with 20 minutes left to play thanks to tries from Paul Bridges and Ian Beck and a conversion and penalty from Ed Maule.
Harwich edged ahead with a converted try and withstood heavy pressure before sealing the win with a late penalty.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes