Former Linnets keeper finds a new club
King's Lynn's former keeper Danny Gay has signed for Ridgeons Premier Division leaders Needham Market.The 27-year-old ex-Norwich City academy stopper moves to Bloomfields after his hometown club folded before Christmas.
King's Lynn's former keeper Danny Gay has signed for Ridgeons Premier Division leaders Needham Market.
The 27-year-old ex-Norwich City academy stopper moves to Bloomfields after his hometown club folded before Christmas. Previous first choice keeper Liam Jones has been placed on the transfer list following Gay's cross border switch.
Needham boss Mark Morsley believes Gay's arrival will be a major boost for the club who are two points clear of CRC in the league and also through to the FA Vase fourth round and home tie against league rivals Kirkley.
'The decision made to bring in Danny Gay is purely a footballing one as we feel his experience will help improve our squad,' said Morsley. 'It has been a tough decision as Liam has been an important part of the development and success of Needham Market FC but we feel this is a positive move to help progress our aims for this season.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools