Former Linnets keeper finds a new club
King's Lynn's former keeper Danny Gay has signed for Ridgeons Premier Division leaders Needham Market.The 27-year-old ex-Norwich City academy stopper moves to Bloomfields after his hometown club folded before Christmas.
King's Lynn's former keeper Danny Gay has signed for Ridgeons Premier Division leaders Needham Market.
The 27-year-old ex-Norwich City academy stopper moves to Bloomfields after his hometown club folded before Christmas. Previous first choice keeper Liam Jones has been placed on the transfer list following Gay's cross border switch.
Needham boss Mark Morsley believes Gay's arrival will be a major boost for the club who are two points clear of CRC in the league and also through to the FA Vase fourth round and home tie against league rivals Kirkley.
'The decision made to bring in Danny Gay is purely a footballing one as we feel his experience will help improve our squad,' said Morsley. 'It has been a tough decision as Liam has been an important part of the development and success of Needham Market FC but we feel this is a positive move to help progress our aims for this season.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules