Footballing girls aiming for the top prize
Girls at a Dereham high school are showing the boys just how it should be done - on the football pitch.
The U15 team at Northgate High has reached the sixth round of the English Schools FA Cup, putting them in the last 16 of more than 400 schools that entered the competition.
In their last round they thrashed Essex champions Shenfield High 6-0 and are now eagerly anticipating their next challenge, Frances Bardsley School from Havering in London on Wednesday who boast none other than the current U15 England captain in their squad.
Northgate's captain Amber Cantwell, 14, who plays for Norwich City's centre of excellence, said they were confident they would win.
'We work really hard and are all good friends which I think helps us because we look after each other and there are no arguments on the pitch,' she said. 'I am confident we can get through to the next round, and I think we have a good chance of getting to the final.'
You may also want to watch:
Teacher Kit Circuit who has been coaching the team said all the girls were extremely talented and a squad like this only came round once in a blue moon.
'We have already gone three rounds better than ever in the history of the school,' he said. 'They really are the creme-de-la-creme but they play as hard as the men. I would like to think they could go all the way. The head of PE at the Essex school said they were the best team he had ever seen because they play so well together. We are just a normal high school but they work so hard and are just smashing every team in sight.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named