Fly Fishing: Lake Geneva looking good
The fish were not feeding as well as last week, but Lake Geneva has been good for carp from mid-double figures to 30lbs plus. Ian Jarrold, fishing Lake Geneva, added another 31lb 10oz mirror carp to his impressive tally of fish for this season. Fenn lake is worth a go with carp from mid-double figures to 26lb being reported. Members are reminded the renewal notices are out and should be returned by March 31, to guarantee your permit for next season. For all enquires of the coarse fishery, or Hobbs lake trout fishery, please contact Chris on 01553 636507
Natural imitation flies are starting to come into their own with small black buzzer being the most effective, fished 4-5 feet down in the morning and then just subsurface later in the day. Other effective patterns have been Marabou Damsel and Hare's Ear. The best fish this week a cracking 5-and-a-half pound brownie taken by Matt Tate, and best results this week by West Midlands fly fishing club with 10 members catching 73 fish.
Rocklands Mere Fishery
You may also want to watch:
Rocklands Mere Fishery will open its gates on March 31 for the first time in more than a year following redevelopment work.
Numbers on opening weekend are limited and there are only a couple of places left. Anyone wishing to fish is advised to book now to guarantee a place. See www.rocklandsmere.co.uk The fishery and facilities have undergone extensive re-modelling since last year. Anyone wishing to book for the opening weekend can contact James at the fishery office on 01953 483971 or on 07900 004953.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 9 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Willow Lakes are both fishing well with limits alround. Mild weather has brought fish higher in the water. Best flies are hares ear nymphs and black and green lures.