Fly fishing: Hobbs Lake welcomes new intake
Nar Valley Fisheries saw the initial stocking of trout into their Hobbs Lake on Friday, ready for the start of the season on March 1.
The Hobbs Lake fishery will be officially opened on opening day by TV angling celebrity John Wilson, who will be on hand all morning to talk tips and tactics – and will also be trying his luck at bagging a fish.
Season permits are available for the trout fishery. For information call Chris on 01552 636507.
At Larkwood, the fish have been more active with the warmer weather, happy to come to small nymph patterns such as Hare's Ear and Bloodworm as well as the old stand-by, Cat's Whisker.
Best fish this week was a 5�lb rainbow taken by Brian Spinga.
The fish have been caught at around five feet down, but should start to move nearer the surface with the coming week's warmer weather.
Blackdyke hosted the Iain Barr Airflo day.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 9 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 10 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
Most fish caught this week have been on buzzers fished close to the bank. The fishery will be holding the Airflo bank masters on Saturday and will be closed to the general public. For information call 07525 730447.