Fleming to line up for Lowestoft
Lowestoft Town director of football Craig Fleming could start for the Trawlerboys in their League Cup third round match at Maldon & Tiptree this evening, kick-off 7.45pm.
The former Norwich City defender is likely to feature in an otherwise youthful Blues squad, who will be hoping to add to their five consecutive wins in all competitions.
Blues joint boss Micky Chapman confirmed Fleming could feature in the matchday squad and said the management team are likely to shuffle their pack and give some of their fringe players an opportunity to shine
'Flem (Fleming) might put his old boots on again and be involved in the squad,' he revealed. 'We'll mix it up on Tuesday – we will bring in a couple of the youngsters as well.
'It's a break from the league – we're in a good position. We've got some big results lately – we've just got to make sure that we maintain that consistency and keep going. We always go into every competition looking to win and this one is absolutely no different.'
You may also want to watch:
Sam Gaughran is also likely to start, having been on the bench in recent weeks, but Joe Francis is expected to be left out of the squad to give him more time to recover from a recent virus, which restricted him to a substitute appearance for the Blues in the win over Cray Wanderers on Saturday.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children