Five-star Squire lords it for Hales
Teenager Graham Squire collected his first five-wicket haul to keep Hales on top of Division One.Squire, 18, took five for 31 from 11 overs in their 69-run victory over Old Buckenham A, with Dave Harmer making 57 for Hales.
Teenager Graham Squire collected his first five-wicket haul to keep Hales on top of Division One.
Squire, 18, took five for 31 from 11 overs in their 69-run victory over Old Buckenham A, with Dave Harmer making 57 for Hales. But Great Witchingham A kept up the pressure on the leaders with a five-wicket win against Acle A.
In Division Two, Hethersett & Tas Valley remain clear of the rest after a 12-run win at Sprowston A. Topcroft A kept up their promotion push with a 46-run win at Cringleford Lodge, with David Reeder scoring 61 not out and Greg Rostron taking three for 27.
In Division Four, R Cushing claimed five wickets and R Hayman took four to help leaders Brooke A beat Kirkley & Lowestoft Railway A by 136 runs. J Stone took six for 19 in Vauxhall Mallards B's four-wicket win at Overstrand and there were three wickets each for Paul Stearman and David Bunn in Great Melton A's 11-run success at Rocklands.
You may also want to watch:
Bradenham A's march towards the Division Six title gathered pace as they beat their closest rivals, Lowestoft A, by seven wickets. Blake Whyte and Steve Watts took three wickets each for Bradenham.
J Crane took six for 27 to set up Tacolneston's five-wicket win over Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers C in Division Seven.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
In Division Nine, Ian Pape blasted a century for leaders Old Buckenham B in a 136-run win against Old Catton B. Brisley were all out for 13 in their 112-run defeat at home to Loddon A - the third equal lowest score in the history of the league.
In Division 10, four wickets from Phil Matthews saw Hardingham A to a six-wicket win over Shipdham A.