Five out of six for Norfolk in Johns Trophy
Norfolk's ladies met Bedfordshire in the first of their round robin games in the Johns Trophy, taking 20 of the 22 points available as they won on five of the six rinks with an overall winning margin of 130-95.
Rebecca Carter, Mary Johnson and Mary Watson, ably skipped by Sue Curtis, were 8-0 up at five ends and never looked like losing as they romped to a 26-11 victory.
Brenda Venn, Rita Basted, Janet Morton and Jenny Kirby kept their noses in front in a hard fought game to return a 25-17 card against P. Bright
Pam English, Jean Edwards, Sue Ealden and Jan Dearman played steadily against M King. They trailed by one at 15 ends, but responded with 12 shots to their opponents' four over the remaining ends to win 25-18.
Marlene Hooper, Sheila Stacey, Thelma Scarffe overcame a tricky end rink to come out 20-14 victors.
Lilian Barber, Linda Bennett, Jackie Devitt and Christine Webb – eight down at 10 ends – made a great recovery and won their rink 20-19. The only losing rink was Louise Knights, Linda Bennett, Jackie Devitt and Brenda Whitehead.
Norfolk next face Suffolk on Saturday, June 22.
- 1 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 2 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 3 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 4 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 5 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 6 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 7 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 High Court threat to A47 dualling plan
- 10 Town's new £4.7m market called out for 'horrible' floor