Five out of six for Norfolk in Johns Trophy
Norfolk's ladies met Bedfordshire in the first of their round robin games in the Johns Trophy, taking 20 of the 22 points available as they won on five of the six rinks with an overall winning margin of 130-95.
Rebecca Carter, Mary Johnson and Mary Watson, ably skipped by Sue Curtis, were 8-0 up at five ends and never looked like losing as they romped to a 26-11 victory.
Brenda Venn, Rita Basted, Janet Morton and Jenny Kirby kept their noses in front in a hard fought game to return a 25-17 card against P. Bright
Pam English, Jean Edwards, Sue Ealden and Jan Dearman played steadily against M King. They trailed by one at 15 ends, but responded with 12 shots to their opponents' four over the remaining ends to win 25-18.
Marlene Hooper, Sheila Stacey, Thelma Scarffe overcame a tricky end rink to come out 20-14 victors.
You may also want to watch:
Lilian Barber, Linda Bennett, Jackie Devitt and Christine Webb – eight down at 10 ends – made a great recovery and won their rink 20-19. The only losing rink was Louise Knights, Linda Bennett, Jackie Devitt and Brenda Whitehead.
Norfolk next face Suffolk on Saturday, June 22.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets