Fine charity effort from Middleton Hall Seniors
- Credit: Archant
Senior golfers at Middleton Hall have raised £2,046 to help fight dementia.
Previous captain Chris Hudson, who nominated Alzheimer's Research UK as his charity, is delighted with the contribution players have made to charity.
He commented: 'I am very pleased that we have been able to raise so much money for such a good cause.
'The members have been very generous and we received a £100 donation from Middleton Aggregates.'
He also paid tribute to fellow Seniors member John Burdett who raised £723 of the total with his sponsored festive swim in the North Sea.
You may also want to watch:
Jessica Sayer, the charity's regional fund-raising officer, added: 'We can't thank Chris and all at Middleton Hall Golf Club enough for supporting us over the past year.
'At the moment there are 850,000 people across the UK living with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, including more than 2,600 in King's Lynn and West Norfolk.'
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre