Fine charity effort from Middleton Hall Seniors
- Credit: Archant
Senior golfers at Middleton Hall have raised £2,046 to help fight dementia.
Previous captain Chris Hudson, who nominated Alzheimer's Research UK as his charity, is delighted with the contribution players have made to charity.
He commented: 'I am very pleased that we have been able to raise so much money for such a good cause.
'The members have been very generous and we received a £100 donation from Middleton Aggregates.'
He also paid tribute to fellow Seniors member John Burdett who raised £723 of the total with his sponsored festive swim in the North Sea.
You may also want to watch:
Jessica Sayer, the charity's regional fund-raising officer, added: 'We can't thank Chris and all at Middleton Hall Golf Club enough for supporting us over the past year.
'At the moment there are 850,000 people across the UK living with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias, including more than 2,600 in King's Lynn and West Norfolk.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid