Finch the top Rod at Barford
- Credit: Archant
Still-water carp on the match lakes were feeding freely on the Barford Railway lake where Rod Finch (Deben) won with 141lb 15oz, writes Roy Webster.
Graham Kettle (Oddfellows) headed the Wicklewood with 113lb, pushed all the way by Wroxham's Jamie Clarke with 109lb 12oz.
Mick Buxton was the best of Costessey Crown on the Willow with 105lb 8oz and Paul Manthorpe led the veterans at Bergh Apton with 110lb.
Mark Roberts was pleased to have the wind change in his favour during a session on Nar Valley Fisheries' Lake Geneva.
The best was a superb-looking common carp which weighed in at 30lb 2oz. It was included in a three-fish haul taken in just five hours on the bank – the other fish whicgh went into the landing net were a mirror of 21lb and another common of 27lb.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the new season at Nar Valley Fisheries will be on sale at the beginning of April.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 10 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'