Files delivers to bag top rookie trophy
Poringland's Josh Files booked the top rookie spot in the final round of the Renault Clio Cup at Brands Hatch at the weekend – and seventh overall in his first season.
It is some achievement given the youngster was up against drivers between two and 10 years more experienced than him
'It was a brilliant way to end the season, especially with seventh overall in the championship and the top rookie of the year, this all shows a lot of promise for a title bid for 2012,' said Files.
Team Pyro Direct Debit-backed Files has already had some interest from British Touring Car Championship outfits, but will look to establish himself as a serious contender for Clio Cup silverware next season before considering moving up.
But there was still time for Files to make a return to his former primary school. Armed with trophies, racing gear and even car parts battered by the season's toils, Files took over an assembly at Poringland Primary School last week to talk about his track adventures.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Richard Burbage said: 'Josh was a great inspiration for the children. Josh links in perfectly with what can be achieved through hard work and determination, especially as he's a former pupil, and has a dream to focus on.'
Files added: 'It was great fun going back to my old primary school and if I have inspired just one person to follow their dream it was well worthwhile. I am aware of how lucky I am to be able to pursue something I enjoy so much, but I'm also living proof that you can achieve your aims if you work hard enough.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
He added: 'We started with a little clip of Snetterton's race last month before I asked how many people wanted to become a racing driver, and as far as I could work out, it was nearly all of them. So I could have some more local competition in the future.'