King’s Lynn v Hitchin Town game will go ahead after fence repairs at The Walks
- Credit: Archant
Tomorrow's game between King's Lynn Town and Hitchin is going ahead after fence repairs at The Walks.
A reserves fixture was cancelled on Wednesday night after part of the fence at the ground blew down in a gale.
Club spokesman Mark Hearle said: 'The fence has been fixed, other areas of concern have been checked by the builders and we forsee no probleems for tomorrow.'
Mr Hearle added the repairs had cost 'a good amount of money' after the club received four-figure quotes for the job.
As well as repairing the section blown down by the wind, other sections of the fence required strengthening work.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow the Linnets, currently third in the Southern Premier League, will be hoping for a fair wind when they take on 16th-placed Hitchin Town (3pm).
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward