King’s Lynn v Hitchin Town game will go ahead after fence repairs at The Walks
- Credit: Archant
Tomorrow's game between King's Lynn Town and Hitchin is going ahead after fence repairs at The Walks.
A reserves fixture was cancelled on Wednesday night after part of the fence at the ground blew down in a gale.
Club spokesman Mark Hearle said: 'The fence has been fixed, other areas of concern have been checked by the builders and we forsee no probleems for tomorrow.'
Mr Hearle added the repairs had cost 'a good amount of money' after the club received four-figure quotes for the job.
As well as repairing the section blown down by the wind, other sections of the fence required strengthening work.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow the Linnets, currently third in the Southern Premier League, will be hoping for a fair wind when they take on 16th-placed Hitchin Town (3pm).
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk