FC Clacton 5, Great Yarmouth Town 0
Four goals in 20 second-half minutes meant Great Yarmouth Town lost away to FC Clacton
Despite Yarmouth being the better of the two teams in the first half, the away side's defence collapsed in the second, leading to the defeat.
Yarmouth created the first chance of the game from the kick-off after good work on the left but Mills' 25-yard shot curled away from the goal.
On the quarter-hour mark Yarmouth created another chance. After a one-two with Wroxham loanee George, Formoso found Baldock, but the stand-in midfielder fired his 20-yard shot over the bar.
Clacton's first shot at Yarmouth's goal came after 23 minutes when Hillier picked up a loose ball on the edge of the area but fired his shot wide of the far post.
Three minutes later after good work on the right Araujo rolled the ball back to Mills who fired his shot over the crossbar.
It was the away side that created the best chance of the game in the 33rd minute. Baldock fired a low cross into George in the area. His low shot was spilled by Playle but the rebound from a tight angle was fired by George at Clacton's goalkeeper.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 3 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 4 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 5 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
- 6 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 7 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 8 Platform offering stunning views of north Norfolk coast reopens
- 9 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 10 Four-bed home with swimming pool and Mediterranean garden on sale for £595k
But Clacton's attacking threat was never far away. Five minutes from half-time Condon's shot after Andrade's cross was turned behind by Greygoose. The resulting corner was headed over by Peacock.
A minute later Clacton took the lead. After skipping past Harwin, Condon rolled the ball across to Andrade to tap in from six yards out.
Andrade could have doubled the advantage two minutes later. After getting to the byline his cross was blocked by Junior with Andrade firing the rebound over the crossbar.
Clacton began the second half quickly with Smith winning a tackle in Yarmouth's half, but his low cross along the six-yard box was too far ahead of Hillier.
The home side doubled their lead soon after. A corner won after good work from Condon was headed in at the far post by Newland.
Just three minutes later Andrade picked up a through ball and attempted to chip the goalkeeper but fired wide of the far post.
Yarmouth had a chance to bring themselves back into the game when counter attacking but Vide, with his first spell of possession since coming on a substitute, lost the ball on the edge of the area. From it Clacton broke with Andrade rolling the ball across for Condon to tap in.
Three minutes later it was four, Hillier executing a perfect chip over Greygoose from 25 yards out.
By this time the away defence had collapsed, seemingly giving up, and it was five goals soon after. Andrade had time and space on the right side to fire his low shot past Greygoose and into the bottom corner.
Clacton looked dangerous every time they attacked with Condon and Andrade creating most of the problems. The former combined with Newland but hit the side netting from the byline, while the latter crossed the ball from the right byline to Dunkley, with Greygoose turning his shot behind for a corner that the goalkeeper collected.
Condon was again involved six minutes from the end when his low cross was spilled by Greygoose, with Wales firing the rebound goalwards. Baldock was on the line to clear away.
Yarmouth's best chance for a consolation came two minutes from time when Mills' free kick from 30 yards rebounded off the crossbar.
• FC Clacton: Playle, Marvell, Dunkley, Smith, Peacock, Cripps (C), Wales, Newland, Andrade, Hillier (Austin, 68), Aaron Condon (Liam Condon, 86). Unused Subs: Grant
Goals: Andrade (42, 73), Newland (56), Condon (63), Hillier (66)
• Great Yarmouth Town: Greygoose, Harwin (Forbes, 79), Lee, Araujo (Vide, 62), Baldock, Junior, Formoso, Mills (C), George, Henwood (Barnden, 74), Mitchell. Unused Subs: Hackleton