Fakenham’s lead at top cut after defeat against Barnham Broom II
- Credit: Archant � 2008
Fakenham's lead at the top of Division One of the Norfolk SRA squash league has been cut to seven points, albeit with a game in hand, after they lost for only the second time this season, going down 15-10 away to Barnham Broom II.
Barnham's Adie Martin ground out a 3-1 victory over Kevin Blake and Neil Sutton also won 3-1 as he beat Nicky Green.
The star performer, however, was Wesley Hicks who won an epic fourth string match against Michael Baron 12-14 18-16 13-11 4-13 13-10.
Fakenham picked up two victories at the top of the order with Oli Bacon-Hilton beating Stuart Sutton 3-1 and Adam Sinkins winning in straight games against Adam Goodson.
East Anglia III consolidated their third place after an emphatic 20-3 maximum against bottom of the table Potters Nomads.
You may also want to watch:
Rossi's Rebels remain next to bottom after they lost for the 11th time this season, going down 16-6 to Bannatyne's II. Henri Paul and Ben Herrieven did both win their matches 3-1 but 3-0 wins for Rod Taylor, Christian Oliveri and Mark Thomas were enough to wrap up victory for the Bannatyne's team.
Diss won their mid table match at the UEA 14-8. For the students Christopher Dunlavy and Matt Murray-Downing both won their matches in straight games but this was not enough as Jamie Channell won 3-0 while Reece Laffar and Tom Hunt both won their matches 3-1
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
In Division Two Potters Misfits are enjoying a more successful season than the Nomads and they are currently in second place after their 17-10 win away to Diss II.
Terry Brooks won his match 3-0 while Rob Sherrington and Stuart Supple both had 3-2 victories beating Paul Newis and Paul Nozedar respectively. For Diss Nick Marshall also won 3-2 as he came from 1-2 down to beat Bev Todd 13-10 in the fifth and Andrew Whiting won the first string match against Sean Higginbotham 3-1.
Bottom of the table Oasis Exiles came close to winning their first match of the season before going down 18-9 away to Broadland II.
The top two teams in Division Three both won with Fakenham II beating a four man Broadland III 20-1 and UEA II winning 17-5 at Cromer who also had only four players.