Crusaders 14 Fakenham 10: Narrow defeat for 13-man Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham suffered a narrow defeat at Little Melton after finishing the game with just 13 men.
Jack Powell-Thorne was red carded for an unsafe tackle early on but it was the visitors who took the lead through a Tom Bane-Young penalty.
At half-time the score remained the same, with Crusaders having had probably some 70 percent of possession but failing to take their chances.
The hosts finally scored a well deserved try 15 minutes into the second half through Lewis Kenworthy and Ryan Harris' kick made it 7-3.
Fakenham responded well, piling on the pressure, and Bane-Young's arm appeared from a mass of bodies to get a try which he duly converted.
You may also want to watch:
Crusaders hit back and Harris ran in a try the short distance from the base of the scrum to score just before the whistle blew to win it, with the same player converting.
Bane-Young was red carded just before the whistle for indiscipline to complete a frustrating day for the visitors.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park