Crusaders 14 Fakenham 10: Narrow defeat for 13-man Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham suffered a narrow defeat at Little Melton after finishing the game with just 13 men.
Jack Powell-Thorne was red carded for an unsafe tackle early on but it was the visitors who took the lead through a Tom Bane-Young penalty.
At half-time the score remained the same, with Crusaders having had probably some 70 percent of possession but failing to take their chances.
The hosts finally scored a well deserved try 15 minutes into the second half through Lewis Kenworthy and Ryan Harris' kick made it 7-3.
Fakenham responded well, piling on the pressure, and Bane-Young's arm appeared from a mass of bodies to get a try which he duly converted.
Crusaders hit back and Harris ran in a try the short distance from the base of the scrum to score just before the whistle blew to win it, with the same player converting.
Bane-Young was red carded just before the whistle for indiscipline to complete a frustrating day for the visitors.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack