Fakenham closing in on Eastern Counties Shield title
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham took another big step towards claiming the Eastern Counties Shield when they beat a determined Thurston side 37-17.
Tries from Howard Kellock, Rory Singleton and Norfolk Brewhouse man of the match Murray Tindall, plus two conversions from Lloyd Marshall, made it 19-3 at the break.
Thurston hit back to reduce the deficit to just two points before a Marshall penalty and further tries from Luke Taylor and Tindall put Fakenham back in command. Another Marshall penalty and a conversion completed the scoring.
Fakenham will clinch the title if they win at Ipswich YM next week.
North Walsham Raiders were left without a game when scheduled visitors Hadleigh conceded.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Union clinched the Bowl title with a 29-10 win over Cottenham Renegades, with the tries being scored by Tom Whitehouse, David Sheldon-Smillie, Matt Spenceley, Ben Bond-Webster and Simon Pitcher. Adrien Marie-Francoise added two conversions.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 9 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote