Fakenham closing in on Eastern Counties Shield title
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham took another big step towards claiming the Eastern Counties Shield when they beat a determined Thurston side 37-17.
Tries from Howard Kellock, Rory Singleton and Norfolk Brewhouse man of the match Murray Tindall, plus two conversions from Lloyd Marshall, made it 19-3 at the break.
Thurston hit back to reduce the deficit to just two points before a Marshall penalty and further tries from Luke Taylor and Tindall put Fakenham back in command. Another Marshall penalty and a conversion completed the scoring.
Fakenham will clinch the title if they win at Ipswich YM next week.
North Walsham Raiders were left without a game when scheduled visitors Hadleigh conceded.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich Union clinched the Bowl title with a 29-10 win over Cottenham Renegades, with the tries being scored by Tom Whitehouse, David Sheldon-Smillie, Matt Spenceley, Ben Bond-Webster and Simon Pitcher. Adrien Marie-Francoise added two conversions.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close