FA Youth Cup: Norwich City Under-18s 1, QPR Under-18s 0
Norwich City's Under-18s went through to the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup with victory over Queens Park Rangers at Carrow Road.
Cameron King's 40th minute header from Jacob Murphy's cross was enough for Neil Adams' side, who defended well throughout and restricted a strong Rangers side to few clear cut chances.
First-year scholar King had several chances to add to his tally – but one proved enough as City ensured their place in the fourth round draw, which takes place on Friday, December 14.
The side was captained by Cameron McGeehan, while Adams also included under-21s regulars Josh Murphy and Jacob Murphy – both former-QPR youngsters – as well as Harry Barker, Reece Hall-Johnson, and King with the latter starting behind lone striker Carlton Morris.
King forced an early save from visiting keeper Joe Lumley, who was then tested by Josh Murphy.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end, City were let off the hook in their own area as QPR striker Peter Skepetas scooped an effort up and over the bar from six yards.
The decisive moment came five minutes before the break, as Jacob Murphy broke down the right and swung in a perfectly weighted ball to the far post, where King was on hand to power his header past Lumley.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 5 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
QPR had plenty of possession in the second half, but were kept at bay by an impressive defensive display from the City youngsters.
Norwich City: Sharpe, Barker, Wyatt, Callan-McFadden, McGeehan, Toffolo, Jacob Murphy, Hall-Johnson, Morris, King, Josh Murphy. Subs: Norman, Gill, Lokko, Hodd, Young.
QPR: Lumley, Furlong, Kpekawa, Comley, Downes, Monthe, Petrasso, Hunt-Laurent, Skepetas, Hubble (Adehone 85), Fitzpatrick (Carreiro 69). Unused subs: Smith, Daly, Buck.