FA Vase draw: Gorleston get home tie; Norwich CBS and Wisbech to hit road in third round
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Gorleston have landed a home tie against Leighton Town in the third round of the FA Vase to be played on Saturday, December 2.
Gorleston have been handed a home tie in the FA Vase third round whilst Norwich CBS and Wisbech Town will hit the road next month.
The Greens will come up against Bedfordshire side Leighton Town at Emerald Park on Saturday, December 2 whilst Norwich CBS travel to Yaxley and Wisbech Town go to Racing Club Warwick.
Stewart Larter's side advanced to the last 64 of the competition with a 2-0 win against Framlingham on Saturday courtesy of goals from Peter Lambert and Jackson Ramm. The east coast side will be pleased to have been given home advantage but Leighton are having a decent season in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division. They are currently in fifth place in the table having only lost one match away from home this season. Leighton beat London Lions at the weekend by a single goal scored by Matt Hall.
Thurlow Nunn First Division side Norwich CBS will be the underdogs when they go to Yaxley, who play in the United Counties Premier Division (step five of the non league pyramid). The Norwich side secured their place in the third round thanks to an impressive 4-1 win at Wisbech St Mary – goals from Matthew Doyle (2), James Page and Daniel Barraclough doing the damage. Yaxley are currently mid-table in their league and eased into the next round of the Vase on Friday night thanks to a 3-0 win over Peterborough Northern Star.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech will fancy their chances at Racing Club Warwick, who play in Division One of the Midland Football Leauge (step six of the non league pyramid). The Fenmen have been in superb form since Gary Setchell took charge in September, winning 12 and drawing two of the 14 games he's taken charge of.
They were far too good for Thetford on Saturday as goals from Alex Beck, Billy Smith, Michael Frew and Josh Ford ensured their safe passage at Mundford Road.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 9 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Racing Club Warwick currently sit in eighth place in their league, a level below United Counties Premier Division side, Wisbech. Goals from Luke Church and Luke Cole saw Warwick through to the next round at the weekend against Alsager Town.
Third round winners will pocket £1,125 whilst the losing club will receive £375.