FA Vase exit for Wisbech Town
Gornal 4 Wisbech Town 2
(AET, 90m: 2-2)
Wisbech Town blew an early two-goal lead to crash out of the FA Vase.
The Fenmen were two goals ahead after just six minutes and seemingly on course for a place in the last 32 of as competition which is part of the club's folklore after consecutive semi-final appearances in the mid-80s.
Deakin Napier benefited from a poor goal-kick – the ball hitting him before he slotted into an empty net inside two minutes, with powerful striker Dubi Ogbonna adding a classy second sooner after.
You may also want to watch:
But Wisbech slowly began to labour on a sticky playing surface and it was no surprise when Gornal got back into the game, a Lee Wherton penalty just before the hour mark and an equaliser by the excellent Chris Rabone on 71 minutes taking the game into extra time.
A tiring Wisbech side then had Steven Reid sent off in the first extra period and Gornal were rewarded for almost constant pressure with goals by Curtis Tilt and Marvin Nisbett earning the Midland Alliance outfit a long trip to Bodmin in the fifth round next weekend.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park