FA Vase exit for Wisbech Town
Gornal 4 Wisbech Town 2
(AET, 90m: 2-2)
Wisbech Town blew an early two-goal lead to crash out of the FA Vase.
The Fenmen were two goals ahead after just six minutes and seemingly on course for a place in the last 32 of as competition which is part of the club's folklore after consecutive semi-final appearances in the mid-80s.
Deakin Napier benefited from a poor goal-kick – the ball hitting him before he slotted into an empty net inside two minutes, with powerful striker Dubi Ogbonna adding a classy second sooner after.
You may also want to watch:
But Wisbech slowly began to labour on a sticky playing surface and it was no surprise when Gornal got back into the game, a Lee Wherton penalty just before the hour mark and an equaliser by the excellent Chris Rabone on 71 minutes taking the game into extra time.
A tiring Wisbech side then had Steven Reid sent off in the first extra period and Gornal were rewarded for almost constant pressure with goals by Curtis Tilt and Marvin Nisbett earning the Midland Alliance outfit a long trip to Bodmin in the fifth round next weekend.
- 1 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 5 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter