FA Tesco Skills programme’s free football coaching is heading to Norwich
Free football coaching is coming to the Bowthorpe area of Norwich at the end of this month.
The FA Tesco Skills Programme is offering free holiday coaching taster sessions at the Football Development Centre, in Clover Hill Road, on Tuesday, July 24 and Monday, July 30.
The coaching is for boys and girls aged five to 11, with each session lasting two hours and being led by a fully-qualified FA Tesco skills coach.
Run by The Football Association and funded by Tesco and Sport England, the programme is providing coaching support to children across Norfolk.
So far the programme has provided 3.3m places on football skills courses nationally and aims to provide 4.7m places by 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Spencer Thorpe, coach with The FA Tesco skills team in Norwich, said: 'We've just hit a milestone of three million places on the programme since the scheme began in 2007 and our free taster sessions during the school holidays are a fantastic way to get even more children involved in the wider FA Tesco Skills Programme.
'It's a great opportunity for children to get the best specialist coaching while getting fit and active at the same time.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
To sign up, go to www.theFA.com/Tescoskills