FA Tesco Skills programme’s free football coaching is heading to Norwich
Free football coaching is coming to the Bowthorpe area of Norwich at the end of this month.
The FA Tesco Skills Programme is offering free holiday coaching taster sessions at the Football Development Centre, in Clover Hill Road, on Tuesday, July 24 and Monday, July 30.
The coaching is for boys and girls aged five to 11, with each session lasting two hours and being led by a fully-qualified FA Tesco skills coach.
Run by The Football Association and funded by Tesco and Sport England, the programme is providing coaching support to children across Norfolk.
So far the programme has provided 3.3m places on football skills courses nationally and aims to provide 4.7m places by 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Spencer Thorpe, coach with The FA Tesco skills team in Norwich, said: 'We've just hit a milestone of three million places on the programme since the scheme began in 2007 and our free taster sessions during the school holidays are a fantastic way to get even more children involved in the wider FA Tesco Skills Programme.
'It's a great opportunity for children to get the best specialist coaching while getting fit and active at the same time.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
To sign up, go to www.theFA.com/Tescoskills