FA Cup dream ends for Swaffham
Swaffham Town's FA Cup dream ended on Saturday as they went down to a 2-0 defeat at home to Huntingdon in the FA Cup preliminary round.
The visitors took the lead in the ninth minute, a 25 yard strike straight into the top left hand corner leaving keeper Lee Brooks with no chance. The visitors cemented their lead five minutes into the second half, as Brooks was again powerless to stop the lob from making it 2-0.
The Pedlars battled hard in the second half but couldn't find a way through.
Gorleston set up a trip to Spalding in the first qualifying round thanks to a 4-1 win at home to Thetford Town. The Greens took the lead in the 51st minute when Bradley Hough knocked the ball through to Chris Sandford running from deep and he slotted it low past Barker into the net.
Gorleston looked to be settling but, just five minutes after taking the lead, some sloppy play gave the ball away and set Dixon in on Elliot Pride's goal and he made no mistake to equalise. Gorleston rallied and two Keegan Middleton penalties put them in charge before Nathan Stone completed the scoring.
Jamie Godbold's Kirkley & Pakefield side went down to a 2-0 defeat at Tilbury.
n Two goals from Ali McKenna sent Diss on their way to their first win of the season in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
- 1 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 2 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 3 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 4 Princess Anne receives warm welcome at Royal Norfolk Show
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 6 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day
- 7 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 8 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 9 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 10 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
He opened the scoring with a deft back flick from four yards out after Adam Burroughs sent the ball into the danger area. Three minutes from time McKenna made it 2-0 before a late consolation from Marcus Hering.
Matthew Blake struck a hat-trick to help Norwich United to an impressive 4-1 win over Woodbridge at Plantation Park. Jamie George got the other goal as the Planters continued their good start to the season.
Downham Town enjoyed a 3-2 win over Braintree Reserves in the first division thanks to goals from Andy Willmott, Craig Dickson and an own goal. A late strike from Pete Oldham gave Great Yarmouth Town the points thanks to a 2-1 win over Dereham Town Reserves. Mitch Forbes had got the opener for the Bloaters.
n Wisbech had to settle for a point on the road at Kempston in the UCL Premier Division as Matt Lunn's 49th minute goal was cancelled out just before the hour-mark.