FA County Youth Cup: Norfolk U18s 1 Suffolk U18s 2
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk U18s crashed out of the FA County Youth Cup after a 2-1 home defeat by Suffolk.
A goal from Dion Frary was not enough to see the U18s through, with Suffolk benefiting from two goals from the penalty spot from skipper Tevan Allen.
The visitors went ahead in the first half when Chris Skipper was adjudged to have used his hand to block Jack Baughurst's shot and Allen made no mistake from 12 yards.
Norfolk levelled four minutes after the break, when Lewis Gibson floated a free-kick into the box and Frary glanced the ball into the net.
Gibson went close with another free-kick, while Frary saw an effort go wide of the post.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk were in control, but as the minutes ticked by they showed signs of frustration.
Suffolk absorbed the pressure and, seven minutes from time, got their break when Tanner Call was fouled by Gee and Allen stepped up to win it for Suffolk.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
Norfolk: Tom Wright, Chris Greenslade (c), Aaron Porter, Lewis Gibson, Chris Skipper, Mac Gee, Jordan Rowe, Dion Frary, Danny Rogers, Eoin McQuaid, Charlie Clarke.