Ex-Canary star to consider his boxing future
Former Norwich City star Leon McKenzie may quit boxing after suffering the first loss of his career.
McKenzie's challenge for the English super-middleweight title ended when he suffered a split decision defeat to champion Jahmaine Smyle at York Hall on Saturday night.
After an unbeaten eight-fight run, the 38-year-old says he will consider his boxing future in the coming weeks.
'I gave this fight my all. I trained so hard and I gave it my best,' McKenzie told Sky Sports.
'I'm going to have a little time off, talk to my family and my manager and see where we go but I don't know if I want to fight again.
You may also want to watch:
'It's something I have to think about about because I'm 39 next year. You have to appreciate I am no longer a young man but walking away from that ring I knew I had left everything in there.'
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low