Eventing success for Hanworth rider Fliss Baker on her Wedding Horse
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk rider Fliss Baker is celebrating an eventing success on her mount The Wedding Horse.
The eight place overall at the one-star international meeting at Chilham Castle near Dover was her best yet on the racehorse-turned-eventer.
Fliss, daughter of Holt businessman Michael Baker, has been riding since she was three, and switched horses last year when she wanted to take her eventing to a higher level.
The Wedding Horse was previously owned by Brazilian Olympic rider Carols Paro, having started off life as a jump racing thoroughbred from Ireland.
'He is a jumping machine - but I need to control his tension in the dressage,' said the 23-year-old from Hanworth.
The pair had a score of 56.4 in the dressage, and went clear with no time penalties in both the showjumping and cross country.
Miss Baker's results this year have already qualified her for a big international event at Gatcombe Park in September.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 5 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 6 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 7 Come and meet the animals you could adopt at RSPCA open day
- 8 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
- 9 New 250-space car park could be created near picturesque Norfolk harbour
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
And in October she swaps The Wedding Horse for ...the wedding.
She is marrying fiancé Christian Attew who runs the Deers Glade holiday park at Hanworth where Felicity works in marketing and front of house, and where his parents David and Heather Attew are major supporters of her equestrian sport.