Eventing success for Hanworth rider Fliss Baker on her Wedding Horse
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk rider Fliss Baker is celebrating an eventing success on her mount The Wedding Horse.
The eight place overall at the one-star international meeting at Chilham Castle near Dover was her best yet on the racehorse-turned-eventer.
Fliss, daughter of Holt businessman Michael Baker, has been riding since she was three, and switched horses last year when she wanted to take her eventing to a higher level.
The Wedding Horse was previously owned by Brazilian Olympic rider Carols Paro, having started off life as a jump racing thoroughbred from Ireland.
'He is a jumping machine - but I need to control his tension in the dressage,' said the 23-year-old from Hanworth.
You may also want to watch:
The pair had a score of 56.4 in the dressage, and went clear with no time penalties in both the showjumping and cross country.
Miss Baker's results this year have already qualified her for a big international event at Gatcombe Park in September.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
And in October she swaps The Wedding Horse for ...the wedding.
She is marrying fiancé Christian Attew who runs the Deers Glade holiday park at Hanworth where Felicity works in marketing and front of house, and where his parents David and Heather Attew are major supporters of her equestrian sport.