Etuhu completes move to Sunderland
Dickson Etuhu has completed a £1.5m move to newly promoted Sunderland. Etuhu has signed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light after completing a medical on Tuesday morning.
Dickson Etuhu has completed a £1.5m move to newly promoted Sunderland.
Etuhu has signed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light after completing a medical on Tuesday morning.
Sunderland boss Roy Keane said he was delighted to secure the services of the former Preston man.
"I'm very pleased that Dickson has signed. He will add competition to our squad and give us a real physical presence. He's a big, strong player who can also get a goal."
Etuhu moved to Sunderland after turning down an improved contract offer at Carrow Road last week.
"We received an offer from Sunderland for Dickson on Saturday evening which meets a £1.5m buy-out clause in his contract,” said Norwich chief executive Neil Doncaster.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 6 Protests outside drag queen story event sees police called in
- 7 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 8 Fighter jet heard roaring over Norwich in night time training exercise
- 9 Man arrested following theft of £16,000 worth of cables
- 10 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
"We are very disappointed to lose Dickson obviously, but the simple facts are Dickson turned down the offer of a new, more lucrative contract from Norwich City which was already on the table, in favour of Sunderland's offer - and we are therefore forced to accept their offer under the terms of his contract."