England vice-captain shares her tips from the top with Wymondham College pupils
- Credit: Submitted
England vice-captain Heather Knight helped launch Wymondham College's new cricket coaching initiative.
The programme has been entirely funded by former students, with their donations being used to bring in professional cricket coaches and support the school's first girls team.
Sport England has contributed £4,000 for equipment and an additional £7,000 has been donated by 'Old Wymondhamians' in the first year of the initiative.
Over 30 students and 25 guests enjoyed the launch event, which saw Knight involved with the boys and girls coaching masterclasses.
Guests were told of plans to raise funds for a multi-sport pavilion and ways they can donate to support the coaching programme.
You may also want to watch:
Event organiser and marketing director, Justin Smith, said: 'We are absolutely delighted to welcome England international Heather Knight to the launch of our innovative coaching programme.
'It's fantastic to see so many former students willing to engage with the College and help finance this youth development programme. To have raised so much in such a short time is very encouraging.'
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 8 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
Smith also thanked the Norfolk Cricket Board, Chance to Shine, programme sponsors Brancaster House, coach Peter Hunt, the school's PE team. The model is proving so successful that ways of rolling out a similar programme for hockey are also being explored.