England Under-17s debut for Norfolk and Swardeston batsman Callum Taylor
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Swardeston and Norfolk batsman Callum Taylor was part of the England Under-17 team to win a one-day series against their Pakistan counterparts this week.
The big-hitting 17-year-old made his debut for the England Development Programme team in the first ODI last Friday, scoring 10 runs as England won by 130 runs.
He didn't get a chance to bat as England wrapped up the ODI series win with a nine-wicket victory in the second match on Sunday, although bowled five overs and took one wicket for 27 runs.
Pakistan hit back to win the final match, giving England a 2-1 series success.
But Taylor has another chance to impress this weekend, as the series concludes with a three-day match at Loughborough, which starts today, ruling him out of Swardeston's EAPL clash with Saffron Walden and Sunday's Carter Cup final at Manor Park.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park