Emotional evening in store at Stock Car and Banger Racing in King’s Lynn
Stock Car and Banger Racing returns to the Norfolk Arena on Saturday (6pm) for what is bound to be a night full of emotion as two top racing stars are remembered by drivers and fans alike.
The Bangers stage their annual Bandit Memorial, where former Wisbech racer Michael Bailey is remembered. Bailey was an active member of both Team Black and the Predators, who between them will provide a sizeable part of the 100-plus bangers booked to race.
A big Team Black presence in the Unlimited Bangers includes Wayne Cottrill Jnr, Rob Taylor and Andrew Parrin (all Wisbech) while the Predators will be represented by captain Ricky Twell (King's Lynn) and Jason Chilton (Wisbech). Other local drivers will include Carl Crowson, Kevin McClagish, Nicky and Nathan Young (both Wisbech), Deane Mayes (North Walsham), Michael Allard (Yarmouth) and Davey Cox (Swaffham).
Ricky Twell will have a busy time in the Predator camp as he will also be racing the 2L Bangers as well as the Unlimited Bangers, where he will be joined by Joe Barrett, Dan Jackson (both Wisbech), Ady Gibbs, Rob Betts and Joel Allen (Lynn).
Completing the action are the 2L Stock Cars, where fans and competitors will be remembering King's Lynn regular Steve Newman, who suffered a fatal injury while racing at Mildenhall last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Local drivers in action in the saloons include Scott Aldridge (Lynn), Willie Skoyles Jnr (Heachem) and Kris Woods (Snettisham).
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested