Gorleston take to the road after long home run
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston are on their travels today, with a trip to Newmarket following a run of five home games.
The Greens have moved up to eighth in the table, although their run of wins came to an end at six when they were beaten 2-0 at home by Godmanchester Rovers in midweek.
Newmarket have had just one win in their last six but that was last time out when they won away at league leaders Felixstowe.
Neighbours Great Yarmouth town finally completed their away fixture to Fakenham in midweek – at the third attempt – bringing home all three points after a 2-1 win. The Bloaters are at home to Stanway Rovers today.
That midweek loss made it nine defeats on the bounce for Fakenham, who are third from bottom of the table, just four points ahead of bottom club Wivenhoe.
You may also want to watch:
The Ghosts welcome Wroxham today and boss Andy Cunningham will be looking to build on the positive elements of Tuesday's game, which was lost with practically the last kick of the game.
'It's frustrating and disappointing for us,' he said.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
'We competed really well, got our noses in front then switched off and straight away they were level.
'It's an awful time to concede, just after scoring, then to concede deep into stoppage time is really frustrating. It's a case of what could have been.
'We definitely deserved something from the game, but that's football; when you are down there struggling you don't always get that bit of luck. There are things we did well Tuesday we can take into Saturday, but it won't be easy for us.
'Wroxham are a very good side, with a lot of quality in their squad but we will go into the game looking to be solid and give them a good game.
Thetford Town have a trip to Histon and will head over the border in good heart after a fine midweek cup win over Stanway. Kirkley & Pakefield are away to second-from-bottom Ipswich Wanderers.
In the First Division, Norwich CBS go to AFC Sudbury, Swaffham are at Halstead and Kings Lynn Town entertain Little Oakley. Diss Town's match at Downham starts at 3.30pm.