East Women’s League: Pelicans grab second win
Pelicans notched their second win of the season with a 2-1 victory at St Ives in Division 1N.
The visitors fell behind in the first minute following a goalmouth scramble.
Pelicans grabbed an equaliser on 20 minutes when Jane Proctor scored after a strong run.
The winning goal came in the second half, as Alana Moore chased down a seemingly lost cause and crossed for Emma Tillbrook to fire home.
Harleston Magpies II remain top of the table after maintaining their unbeaten record with a 4-1 win at Ipswich III.
With just 40 seconds on the clock, Anouska Hipperson seized on a defensive mistake and fired Magpies ahead.
Ipswich drew level from a short corner, but Magpies were back in front when Holly Baker netted with a short corner strike.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 4 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 8 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 9 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 10 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
Lucy Whiting, Hannah Palmer and Emily Brown were all denied by former Magpies keeper Jade Daley, before Hipperson scored the third following a fine move.
The fourth goal arrived when Lucy Whiting fired the ball into the D and a home defender diverted it into the net.
In a battle of two sides with unbeaten records in Division 2NE, Norwich Dragons triumphed 2-0 at home to North Walsham.
Dragons keeper Laura Tuck made an excellent save to deny Walsham before Emily Rolls put the hosts in front with a superb strike following a series of short corners. Walsham remained dangerous on the break, but Dragons made the game safe when Rolls grabbed her second, again from a short corner.
Norwich City are third in the division after winning 3-0 at Ipswich and East Suffolk thanks to goals from Emily Anthony (2) and Alex Woods.
Sprowston's excellent start to the season continued with a 2-1 win at Broadland.
It was a frustrating first half for Sprowston, who saw a goal disallowed before conceding to a smart finish from Helen Brockington.
Sprowston drew level in the second period when Marie Hood shot home from the edge of the area and Trish Hagan netted the winner with a neat deflection.
Broadland continued to press and almost found an equaliser right at the death, but Kerry Payne was denied by a fine save from the Sprowston keeper.
Norwich Dragons II were 2-0 winners at Loddon.
Saskia Delacave's excellent strike gave Dragons the lead after they had forced a succession of short corners.
The second goal came midway through the second half, as Hannah Hardy squared for Delacave to bag her second of the game.