East Women’s League: Impressive Pelicans enjoy profitable weekend with wins over Norwich pair
Pelicans enjoyed a double success at the weekend as they picked up victories over Norwich Dragons and Norwich City in Division 1N.
Goals from Freya Le Serve (2), Frankie Hall, Ella Picton, Gaby Stilgoe, Charlie Redhead and Emma Tillbrook saw Pelicans beat City 7-1. Amy Campbell scored City's goal.
They followed that up with another impressive display, beating Norwich Dragons 4-1.
On target for Pelicans were Picton, Kirsten Kerry, Hall and Jane Proctor, while Shelly Seaman netted for Dragons.
Pelicans could even afford to miss a penalty stroke as Dragons keeper Morag Morrison produced an excellent save.
You may also want to watch:
Division 2NE leaders Harleston Magpies II eased to a 4-0 win against a depleted Broadland side.
Magpies dominated from the outset and opened the scoring on 25 minutes through Krystal Bishop's strong shot. Frances Taylor's powerful strike from a short corner made it 2-0 before half-time.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Saffron Wilford's fierce effort made it three and Lauren Barber rounded off a player of the match display with her first goal of the season following a short corner.