East Women’s League: Impressive Pelicans enjoy profitable weekend with wins over Norwich pair
Pelicans enjoyed a double success at the weekend as they picked up victories over Norwich Dragons and Norwich City in Division 1N.
Goals from Freya Le Serve (2), Frankie Hall, Ella Picton, Gaby Stilgoe, Charlie Redhead and Emma Tillbrook saw Pelicans beat City 7-1. Amy Campbell scored City's goal.
They followed that up with another impressive display, beating Norwich Dragons 4-1.
On target for Pelicans were Picton, Kirsten Kerry, Hall and Jane Proctor, while Shelly Seaman netted for Dragons.
Pelicans could even afford to miss a penalty stroke as Dragons keeper Morag Morrison produced an excellent save.
You may also want to watch:
Division 2NE leaders Harleston Magpies II eased to a 4-0 win against a depleted Broadland side.
Magpies dominated from the outset and opened the scoring on 25 minutes through Krystal Bishop's strong shot. Frances Taylor's powerful strike from a short corner made it 2-0 before half-time.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police
Saffron Wilford's fierce effort made it three and Lauren Barber rounded off a player of the match display with her first goal of the season following a short corner.