East coast derby is pick of the region’s FA Vase draws
- Credit: Archant
The region's sides can make plans for FA Vase progress following the first round draw, which was made on Monday.
The pick of the draw was a tasty east coast derby as Thurlow Nunn Premier Division Gorleston host Great Yarmouth Town.
High-flying Norwich United, currently third in the top-flight table, host Essex Senior League Premier Division strugglers Bowers & Pitsea as the two step side meet.
Diss Town, whose start to the new campaign has been a little more hit and miss than the Planters, will host step six outfit Eynesbury Rovers – as side in top form as they sit second in UCL Division One.
Mildenhall will travel to Thurlow Nunn Premier rivals Newmarket, while Thetford Town have been handed a tough trip to UCL Premier leaders Huntingdon Town and Swaffham Town will host Essex Senior League Premier midtable side Hullbridge Sports.
You may also want to watch:
The winning clubs from the 98 first round ties will each receive £900 from the FA's prize fund. All ties must be played on Saturday, October 19 with any replays on or before the following Thursday.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos