East Anglian derby delight for Affane Party
- Credit: Archant
Affane Party made a swift exit from the lids in trap three to scoop the title of 72nd East Anglian greyhound derby trophy and prize money of £15,000.
The 9/4-backed hound set the pace and dominated the field, leading them all the way home.
Seaglass Phantom was runner-up, but nothing ever looked to be troubling Affane Party's performance.
Trainer John Lambe said: 'I knew he had been running so well in this event that tonight I had every bit of confidence he would set an attacking pace from the outset.
'This is my first East Anglian derby event entered and now first win. In fact, I have only had a handful of category one entries to date, but what an event to start me off.'
You may also want to watch:
Owner Dougie Butler said: 'That was fantastic – when he breaks like that there's not a dog who can live with him. My thanks to John and also to Eamon Uniacke from Cappoquin, who bred the dog. He's a star!'
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort